We live such busy lives that it’s often hard to imagine coming home to cook dinner after a long day—even though we know that’s the healthiest option. While convenient, processed and fast foods contain ingredients that can wreck disrupt the oral microbiome and cause cavities. As an alternative I’ve developed a recipe that is quick and easy, and it’s also packed with the nutrients that can help you heal your cavities naturally.
Most people know that they need calcium for proper dental development. However, even if you’re filling your diet with calcium-rich foods or supplementing with this important mineral, it’s still possible to be deficient—especially if you’re not getting enough vitamin K2.
Vitamin K2 is responsible for regulating calcium in the body, so if you’re not getting enough of this vital nutrient, the calcium you consume may never actually benefit your teeth. That’s because vitamin K2 helps guide calcium where it’s actually needed within the body, instead of just dumping it anywhere, which can cause a plethora of issues including kidney stones and calcium buildup in the arteries. (1)
By adding vitamin K2 to your diet you are essentially supporting your teeth from the inside out, even helping to reverse any preexisting tooth decay. Vitamin K2 is also crucial for the oral health of developing babies and toddlers—just as important, in fact, as breastfeeding and not overusing pacifiers.
The best part? Eating organic, grass-fed beef is an easy and delicious way to increase your intake of vitamin K2.
This Butcher Box recipe is not only an amazing source of K2, but it’s also very easy to prepare, quick to make, and delicious—making it great for midweek meal or a meal prep option! This recipe is sure to leave your tastebuds satisfied and your mouth in good health!read next: Why Paleo People Didn’t Need Dental Check-Ups, But You Do Print
Easy Paleo Marinated Steak Bites
Having trouble accessing grass-fed and grass-finished beef? I HIGHLY recommend Butcher Box. By subscribing, you’ll get the best-quality grass-fed beef and organic, free-range chicken delivered right to your door. The taste is incredible, and you can’t beat the value anywhere. For a limited time, use this link to get $15 off and free bacon on your first order. It’s the most delicious way I can think of to improve your whole family’s dental health. http://butcherbox.com/askthedentist
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Yield: Serves 2
- 1 pound Sirloin Steak ((cubed))
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 Lime ((juiced))
- 1/2 Lemon ((juiced))
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Gently toss the cubed sirloin steak until well-coated. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add the steak. Use a basting brush to coat the steak even more but keep a little of the marinade to baste the steak midway through.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until internal steak reaches an internal temperature of 150 F. (medium-well), basting halfway through with the marinade.
- Serve with a side of steamed asparagus and/or garlicky mashed cauliflower.