SUMMARY: The hallmark of functional dentistry is its holistic approach, and Dr. Mark Burhenne’s guests on this episode of Ask the Dentist are Exhibit A. Dr. Kimberly Baer and Dr. Jennifer Tipograph are sharing thoughts on the many benefits associated with their integrative approach and use of non-reactive dental implant techniques. Their toxin-free, bio-friendly family practice, based just outside Washington, DC, offers the gold standard for functional dentistry. And why are those dental implants so important? You’ll learn about the many ways having a full set of teeth is critical to overall systemic health and lifespan. It’s about more than chewing and smiling!
Key Points From This Episode:
- (09:27) Putting the Pieces Together: Coming to understand the role of heavy metals in triggering a spectrum of mental and physical health issues.
- (14:37) Different protocols functional dentists deploy to help patients maintain optimal health and integration of their implants, including markers for inflammation.
- (18:19) An overview of what an implant really is and how thoroughly it’s incorporated in bone,
- (22:02) What’s the optimal timing for placing an implant?
- (27:08) All about bone grafting.
- (40:35) All the reasons (some surprising!) it’s important to keep a full set of teeth.
How to Submit Your Question:
Record your question for Dr. B at speakpipe.com/askthedentist
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- About alternative dentistry advocate Hal Huggins, who campaigned against the use of dental amalgam fillings.
- About The Klinghardt Institute and Heart of Healing.
- About Ingvar Branemark, the Swedish physician and researcher whose accidental discovery made him the father of the modern dental implant.
- About Swiss Dental Solutions, a thought leader on dental implant protocols.
- About the Counterstrain Methodology.
- About Airway Growth and Function.
- Ask Dr. B a Question
- Functional Dentist Directory
- What Dr. B Recommends