Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
Servings: 1 serving (small bowl)
- 2 tbsp Butter grass-fed, divided
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped (or better a leek)
- 1 dash Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Spinach finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Milk grass-fed, whole
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/4 lb Gouda Cheese smoked, shredded
- 2 tsp Salsa Verde optional, as hot as you can stand
- On medium-low heat melt 1 teaspoon of the butter and add the onions and salt, cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add rest of butter and stir in spinach, cooking another minute until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in milk and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk the arrowroot powder into the water.
- Stir into the milk mixture and add the gouda.
- Stir in the salsa verde and heat until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened, stirring frequently.