I’m a huge proponent of getting your nutrients from your food instead of using supplements. This recipe captures the freshness of summertime on your plate and is perfect for boosting your nitric oxide levels. Also, it contains some bonus L-citrulline and L-arginine too!
- 4 cups Arugula
- 1 large steamed beet in 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped watermelon , seeded and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts , chopped
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil
- juice from 1/2 orange
- dash of Himalayan Sea Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 2 ounces Goat Cheese (4 tbsp)
- Place arugula in a medium sized salad bowl.
- Add beets, watermelon, dill and walnuts.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together oil, orange juice and salt.
- Pour on salad and toss to combine.
- Top with pieces of goat cheese.
To steam a beet: Peel and cut beet into ½ inch pieces. Place in a steamer basket and saucepan filled with 2 inches of water. Bring water to a simmer and add beets. Cover and steam for about 15-20 minutes, or until beets are tender when pierced with a fork.
To toast walnuts: Heat a dry skillet on medium-low heat and place walnuts in pan. Stir often to prevent from burning. Cook for about 3-5 minutes until they are golden brown and have a pleasant aroma. Remove from heat and transfer to a plate to prevent burning, chop once cool.
Send this to a friend